Interviews are live and interactive coding environments inside HackerRank for hiring companies to conduct technical interviews. Typically, candidates who clear their initial level of assessments in a company's hiring process are subsequently invited to participate in a coding interview on HackerRank's Interview platform, which is entirely remote. It is an excellent platform for candidates to showcase their problem-solving and programming knowledge skills to their interviewers.
For candidates who have an upcoming interview, this article describes:
- An interview preparation checklist
- What they can expect during the interview
Things that a candidate can expect during an Interview
- One or more interviewers to be part of the live coding session and interact with you over live video chat.
- To be given one or more challenging coding Questions by your interviewers and expected to write optimal coding solutions and show the expected output.
- To be asked to code in a particular programming language, you may sometimes be allowed to choose from a permitted list of languages.
- Your interviewers collaborate with you to edit code, define functions, and expect you to write their logic, give you custom input values to produce an expected output, etc.
- Your interviewers to assess your programming abilities based on your optimal coding approach during the interview period.
Note: If you have previously attempted the hiring company's assessments or interviews on the HackerRank platform, your performance and scores in those assessments may also be available to the interviewers for their reference.
Interview Preparation Checklist for candidates
|Checklist Item||Details and References|
Ensure that you have read your Recruiter's invite for the upcoming coding interview, and you are provided with the link to participate in the interview at the scheduled time.
|Browsers to use|
|Familiarizing yourself with interview|
In the coding Interview, you are expected to write optimal solutions to coding questions. Therefore, HackerRank's coding environment has a specific time and memory limit for code execution in every programming language.
Refer HackerRank's Environments page to understand these limits. During the interview, click the settings icon in the right-hand corner of the interview interface, where you can find the Environments Documentation.
|Code execution and outputs||
Your coding solutions are judged based on whether the Question's Test cases execute successfully to produce the exact expected output.
Click here to refer to related topics in our Candidate Knowledge base.
Ensure that you have uninterrupted internet connectivity during the interview. You can test your connection here.