HackerRank Projects for Data Science provides developers with an embedded Jupyter IDE - the most widely used environment in the data science community. As a candidate, you can solve data science questions inside the Jupyter IDE, as explained in this article.
Once you are logged in to the test, you can keep track of the time left for the test completion by viewing the displayed time on the top menu bar.
This article describes how you can use the embedded Jupyter IDE to solve project-type Data Science challenges in HackerRank Tests.
Answering Data Science Questions
Here is a quick video to get you started with the Answering Data Science questions workflow.
Or, if you prefer to follow directions, here are the steps for your ready reference.
- Once you have filled out the confirmation form, the Environment Setup will take a few minutes. Once it is done, click Go to Test to launch the Data Science Test.
- You will see a list of the questions in the test, and clicking on a Data Science question takes you to a screen where you can read the question description and solve the Data Science question in the embedded Jupyter IDE.
- You can also opt for the full-screen mode by dragging in or out the problem statement, filling out all the necessary files, and preparing a well-commented and complete Jupyter Notebook for submission.
- In your Jupyter session, you can run individual data cells, run Python scripts in the given console, save text files, use the terminal, and more while solving the question.
- Once you are done with answering, click on submit to move forward in the test.
- You can revisit your submitted answers and change the submissions any number of times by clicking on Modify before the test ends.