HackerRank tests are online assessments to show your technical and programming skills. Your recruiting company invites you to take programming tests on the HackerRank platform. This article will teach you how to log into a HackerRank test.
Tip: we recommend you try the Sample Test to acquaint yourself with the HackerRank Test and coding environment before attempting any actual test. You can find the link to the sample test on your test login page.
Logging into a HackerRank Test
- To log into a HackerRank test, you must have received the recruiter's email invite for a test, as shown below. Click Start Test.
- In an alternate format, your recruiter's test invite may provide the Test access link and a preset password to log in, as shown below. Click the link and log in with the provided password.
- The test login page displays important instructions for the test. We recommend you read them carefully.
- The login page will show the question types in the test you attempt if you scroll down.
- If you are attempting a Front-end, Back-end, or Full stack test, you can choose which IDE you want.
- After that, it will take you to the confirmation form where you have to specify your email full name and password and click Sign up to register your HackerRank account. You can also log in with Facebook, Google, Linkedin, and Git accounts.
- OR -
If your recruiter has given you a login password, please specify your email address full name and enter the password.
- OR -
If you are a Registered User on the HackerRank Community, specify your HackerRank Community user credentials and click Login.
- Select your Work experience in years.
- Check the Share my HackerRank profile option to show your HackerRank Community profile to your recruiters.
- Read the honor code and select the checkbox.
- Click Agree & Start to launch the test.
- If your test includes Data Science, Front-end, Back-end, or Full-stack project-type Questions, HackerRank will take a few seconds to prepare the server for your test. Once it is done, click on Go To Test.
- The timer starts immediately once the test interface is launched. You can see the remaining test time at the top, as shown below.
Note: If your test setter demands to proctor the test, you will first see the Enable Webcam access option on the login page. Before logging in to the test, you must allow HackerRank to access your computer's web camera. You can learn more about taking the proctoring tests here.