Welcome, if you wish to register yourself for the Women Trailblazers: Salesforce Coding Challenge, then we recommend you to go through the information given below.
You can find the answers to all your questions regarding the program timeline, eligibility, etc., in the below section. Click on each question to view the answer.
Women Trailblazers: Salesforce Coding Challenge FAQs
Equality is a core value at Salesforce. We at Salesforce believe in building a workspace that truly reflects our society. So we are happy to introduce a hackathon-cum-coding challenge for the first time in India for the trailblazing women and their allies.
This test of 90 mins will tickle not only your coding bone but also provides you with an opportunity to get a face-off with Salesforce engineering leaders. The coding challenges are custom design to map to Salesforce engineer hiring evaluation parameters. Participate in this hiring challenge and stand a chance to be pre-qualified for the various engineering open roles at Salesforce.
Women Trailblazers : Salesforce Coding Challenge is an online hackathon-cum-coding challenge powered by the HackerRank platform. This contest will challenge participants to solve three coding problems with varying complexities (easy, medium, and hard) in 90 mins.
By participating in this challenge, you can:
- Challenge and muscle your engineering/coding bone
- Opportunity to connect with Salesforce India Engineering Leaders ( Post-event after party in the coming week)
- Explore the Open Roles across the various engineering teams at Salesforce.
- This contest is open for Women coders and allies in the Software Engineering community looking to challenge their skills or is interested in opportunities within Salesforce.
- Women engineers who believe in ‘She Codes’, allies for women in technology
- Industry Experience: 4+ years
- Skills - Backend or Front end engineers
This contest is for individual participants.
The contest will take place on Saturday, October 1 2022 between 11 am and 2 pm IST. Interested candidates must register to participate in this contest by filling out the registration form here. Applications will be screened, and eligible candidates will receive a confirmation email from Salesforce.
Applications will be screened, and eligible candidates will receive a confirmation email from Salesforce.
You can refer to our careers page and explore opportunities that might interest you.
Test Preparation Checklist
- Install and use the latest versions of Google Chrome, Safari, or Firefox browsers to take your HackerRank tests for the best experience. Refer to Browser recommendations for more information.
- Since this is going to be a proctored test, take the test from a webcam-enabled computer. Check your webcam status before beginning your test. Please refer to the Webcam Troubleshooting Guide if you face any issues with the webcam access during the test.
- Perform a system check here before you start your test.
- Make sure that you are in a location with adequate internet and power supply to avoid problems during the test.
- Carve out a quiet and well-lit test-taking spot with minimal distractions as the webcam will be enabled for the test.
- We advise you to take the sample test before the main test to familiarize yourself with the HackerRank environment. The Sample test will be blocked on the day of the test. Please make sure to try the sample test before.
Answering Questions on HackerRank
In the Women Trailblazers: Salesforce Coding Challenge, you will be answering coding-type questions.
Here is a short video to walk you through the process of taking coding questions on the HackerRank platform.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are answers to some of the most commonly asked questions. We recommend you go through these questions for a quicker resolution of your queries. If your question is not addressed over here, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will help you with your concern.
Before the test
Your Recruiter may enforce proctoring for your HackerRank Test. Proctoring allows your Recruiter to monitor your focus on the Test screen and detect any malpractices during the test.
For the Women Trailblazers: Salesforce Coding Challenge, three types of proctoring will be enabled.
Proctoring or Webcam Proctoring
Women Trailblazers: Salesforce Coding Challenge will have a proctored test, and you need to enable your webcam to take the test. Please note that you will not be able to start the test if the webcam is not enabled for your system or if you have a faulty webcam installed.
Here are a few things to remember while taking a proctored test:
- Always make sure that you are sitting in a well-lit area and your face is clearly visible during the test.
- Make sure that your face is perfectly positioned in front of the camera.
- Do not let anyone sit behind you during the test. Only your face should be visible to the camera.
- This test is being proctored; hence your photos will be taken during the test in a periodic time interval. Only the person taking the test should be visible in those photos.
You must follow these rules while taking the proctored test. It may cause disqualification for the next round if not followed properly.
Tab proctoring will be enabled for your test; hence we advise you not to switch tabs in between while taking the test as the same will get captured in your report, resulting in disqualification for the next round.
Copy/Paste Tracking will be enabled for your test. If you try to paste a copied code in the assessment, it will be shown in the test report and may result in disqualification from further rounds.
If you have completed your registration successfully on the Salesforce portal with all accurate details and are eligible for the program, you will receive your invitation by the 10th of Feb 2022. Before reaching out for help, please check other folders (including spam) in your email service. If you still cannot find the invite, it could mean that you are not eligible for the test at the moment.
Please ensure to use a webcam-enabled computer for the test. You can check your webcam status here. If your webcam is not detected there, it could mean a driver-related issue within the Operating System.
If your webcam is working but you are still getting errors, here are some quick troubleshooting tips.
- Use the latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox while attempting the test.
- Turn off any active anti-virus software on your computer.
- Update or reinstall your webcam driver
- Restart your computer.
You can refer to the Webcam Troubleshooting Guide for more troubleshooting tips.
During the test
All the work you submitted before losing the internet connection is saved on our servers. After the internet connectivity is resumed, you can log on to the test again (if it is not past the test completion time) and resume answering the questions. The test timer does not stop ticking when you are offline, and the test ends at the scheduled time. We advise you to have a backup internet connection to use in a worst-case scenario as you can not retake or extend the duration once the given time is over.
The interface saves your answer automatically. If the test ended before you could submit it, the saved answer is automatically submitted in the test as the final answer.
After the test
Note: We advise you to write to us only at the mentioned email address. Writing to the general support of HackerRank or Salesforce will not warrant a reply. We wish you all the best for the test.