Welcome, If you wish to register yourself for the John Deere's Coding Event, then we recommend you to go through the information given below.
You can find the answers to all your questions regarding the program timeline, eligibility, etc., in the below section. Click on each question to view the answer.
John Deere: Coding the Cutting-Edge Challenge FAQs
At John Deere, we run so life can leap forward. This powerful purpose is our promise to humankind that we will dream, design, and deliver breakthrough products that sustain our world for generations to come. The world is counting on us to feed billions of people and build vital infrastructures in villages, towns, and megacities. We live up to the legacy our founder forged in a one-room blacksmith's shop nearly two centuries ago by creating a culture that brings out the best in all of us. A culture where great ideas thrive because every voice is heard.
There are over 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber, and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we're all about at John Deere. And it's why we're investing in our people and technology like never before! Here the world's brightest minds are tackling the world's biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we'll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
You are invited to take on the challenge. Test your skills, check out the practice questions, and get ready to show us what you got!!! Sign up now.
Our precision technology products transform rugged machines into intelligent partners that unlock value. Our easy-to-use, state-of-the-art technology works for you, not the other way around. Our precision technology exists in three main products: Agriculture, Construction, and Forestry.
John Deere’s Coding the Cutting Edge is an online contest powered by the HackerRank coding platform. This contest will challenge participants to solve three coding problems of varying complexities in a duration of 90 mins.
By participating in this challenge, you can get:
- The potential to engage with John Deere recruiters for career
- The chance to solve complex problems and win exciting prizes
- Learn about John Deere technology.
1st Runner Up
2nd Runner Up
Top 50 Coders
John Deere's swag
This contest is for individual participants.
The contest will happen on September 24th, 2022, and will be open for 24 hours. Interested candidates should fill out the registration form. You can do this by following the registration link.
Yes, registered candidates will be screened, and shortlisted candidates will get an email notification to their registered email id about entry into the challenge.
|Registration Opens||August 24th|
|Registration Ends||September 19th|
|Receive Challenge Links from HackerRank||September 21st|
|Contest Day||September 24th|
You can refer to our careers page and explore opportunities that might interest you.
- Install and use the latest versions of Google Chrome, Safari, or Firefox browsers to take your HackerRank challenges for the best experience. Refer to Browser recommendations for more information.
- Since this is going to be a proctored challenge, take the challenge from a webcam-enabled computer. Check your webcam status before beginning your challenge. Please refer to the Webcam Troubleshooting Guide in case if you face any issues with webcam access during the challenge.
- Perform a system check here before you start your challenge.
- Make sure that you are in a location with adequate internet and power supply to avoid problems during the challenge.
- Carve out a quiet and well-lit spot with minimal distractions as the webcam will be enabled for the challenge.
- We advise you to take the sample challenge before the main challenge to familiarize yourself with the HackerRank environment. The Sample challenge will be blocked on the day of the challenge. Please make sure to try the sample challenge before.
Answering Questions on HackerRank
In John Deere's Coding the Cutting-Edge Challenge 2022, you will be answering coding and multiple-choice type questions.
Here is a short video to walk you through the process of taking coding questions on the HackerRank platform.
You can refer to the article Answering Multiple-Choice Questions to understand how to solve MCQs on the HackerRank platform.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are answers to some of the most commonly asked questions. We recommend you go through these questions to resolve your queries quickly. If your question is not addressed here, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will help you with your concern.
Before the challenge
Your recruiter may enforce proctoring for your HackerRank challenge. During the challenge, proctoring allows your recruiter to monitor your focus on the screen and detect any malpractices.
For John Deere's Coding the Cutting-Edge Challenge 2022, three types of proctoring will be enabled.
Proctoring or Webcam Proctoring
John Deere's Coding Coding the Cutting-Edge Challenge 2022 will have a proctored challenge, and you need to enable your webcam to take the challenge. Please note that you will not be able to start the challenge if the webcam is not enabled for your system or if you have a faulty webcam installed.
Here are a few things to remember while taking a proctored challenge:
- Always make sure that you are sitting in a well-lit area and that your face is clearly visible during the challenge.
- Make sure that your face is perfectly positioned in front of the camera.
- Do not let anyone sit behind you during the challenge. Only your face should be visible to the camera.
- This challenge is being proctored. Hence your photos will be taken during the challenge at a periodic time interval. Only those taking the challenge should be visible in those photos.
You must follow these rules while taking the proctored challenge. It may cause disqualification for the next round if not followed properly.
Tab proctoring will be enabled for your challenge hence we advise you not to switch tabs in between while taking the challenge as the same will get captured in your report, which may result in disqualification for the next round.
Copy/Paste Tracking will be enabled for your challenge. If you try to paste a copied code in the assessment, it will be shown in the challenge report and may result in disqualification from further rounds.
If you have completed your registration successfully on John Deere's portal with all accurate details and are eligible for the program, you will receive your invitation by the 21st of Sept 2022. Before reaching out for help, please check other folders (including spam) in your email service. If you still cannot find the invite, it could mean that you are not eligible for the challenge at the moment.
Please ensure to use a webcam-enabled computer for this challenge. You can check your webcam status here. If your webcam is not detected there, it could mean a driver-related issue within the Operating System.
If your webcam is working, but you are still getting errors, here are some quick troubleshooting tips for you.
- Use the latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox while attempting the challenge.
- Turn off any active anti-virus software on your computer.
- Update or reinstall your webcam driver
- Restart your computer.
You can refer to the Webcam Troubleshooting Guide for more troubleshooting tips.
During the challenge
All the work you submitted before losing the internet connection is saved on our servers. After the internet connectivity is resumed, you can log on to the challenge again (if it is not past the challenge completion time) and resume answering the questions. The timer does not stop ticking when you are offline, and the challenge ends at the scheduled time. We advise you to have a backup internet connection to use in a worst-case scenario as you can not retake or extend the duration once the given time is over.
The interface saves your answer automatically. If the challenge ended before you could submit it, the saved answer is automatically submitted to the challenge as the final answer.
After the challenge
Note: We advise you to write to us only at the mentioned email address. Writing to the general support of HackerRank or John Deere will not warrant a reply. We wish you all the best for the challenge.