Welcome, if you wish to register yourself for the Oracle OCI Hackathon, then we recommend you to go through the information given below.
You can find the answers to all your questions regarding the program timeline, eligibility, etc, in the below section. Click on each question to view the answer.
Oracle OCI Hackathon FAQs
A one-day challenge to prove your OCI developer knowledge, and advance your cloud development career.
The Oracle Hack Day Challenge is an online challenge powered by HackerRank. This challenge will assess participants' knowledge of Oracle Cloud Infrastructure by answering 7 questions of varying levels in 30 minutes.
- An understanding of your current knowledge of Oracle Cloud Infrastructure.
- Access to Oracle University digital training covering OCI.
- A free attempt at OCI certification.
All participants have access to free OCI education from Oracle University – Access free training via this link. In addition, after participation in the challenge, all participants will receive one free OCI certification exam credit to be used within 60 days of the challenge. A $245 value.
The contest is for individual participants.
The contest will happen on the xx of September 2022 and will be open for 24 hours. Interested candidates should fill out the registration form. You can do this by following this link.
Yes, all participants will get an email notification to their registered email id about entry into the contest and with links to upcoming events.
All participants have access to free OCI education from Oracle University – Access free training via this link. It is highly suggested that you access the training prior to participating in the challenge to better prepare.
|Receive Test Links from HackerRank||09/12/22|
Test Preparation Checklist
- Install and use the latest versions of Google Chrome, Safari, or Firefox browsers to take your HackerRank tests for the best experience. Refer to Browser recommendations for more information.
- Since this is going to be a proctored test, take the test from a webcam-enabled computer. Check your webcam status before beginning your test. Please refer to the Webcam Troubleshooting Guide in case if you face any issues with the webcam access during the test.
- Perform a system check here before you start your test.
- Make sure that you are in a location with adequate internet and power supply to avoid problems during the test.
- Carve out a quiet and well-lit test-taking spot with minimal distractions as the webcam will be enabled for the test.
- We advise you to take the sample test before the main test to familiarize yourself with the HackerRank environment. The Sample test will be blocked on the day of the test. Please make sure to try the sample test before.
Answering Questions on HackerRank
In the Oracle OCI Hackathon, you will be answering coding and multiple-choice type questions.
Here is a short video to walk you through the process of taking coding questions on the HackerRank platform.
You can refer to the article Answering Multiple-Choice Questions to understand how to solve MCQs on the HackerRank platform.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are answers to some of the most commonly asked questions. We recommend you go through these questions for a quicker resolution of your queries. If your question is not addressed over here, please reach out to email@example.com. We will help you with your concern.
Before the test
Your Recruiter may enforce proctoring for your HackerRank Test. During the Test, proctoring allows your Recruiter to monitor your focus on the Test screen and detect any malpractices.
For the Oracle OCI Hackathon, three types of proctoring will be enabled.
Proctoring or Webcam Proctoring
Oracle OCI Hackathon will have a proctored test and you need to enable your webcam for taking the test. Please note that you will not be able to start the test if the webcam is not enabled for your system or if you have a faulty webcam installed.
Here are a few things to remember while taking a proctored test:
- Always make sure that you are sitting in a well-lit area and that your face is clearly visible during the test.
- Make sure that your face is perfectly positioned in front of the camera.
- Do not let anyone sit behind you during the test. Only your face should be visible to the camera.
- This test is being proctored, hence your photos will be taken during the test at a periodic time interval. Only the person who is taking the test should be visible in those photos.
You must follow these rules while taking the proctored test. It may cause disqualification for the next round if not followed properly.
Tab proctoring will be enabled for your test hence we advise you not to switch tabs in between while taking the test as the same will get captured in your report, which may result in disqualification for the next round.
Copy/Paste Tracking will be enabled for your test. If you try to paste a copied code in the assessment, it will be shown in the test report and may result in disqualification from further rounds.
If you have completed your registration successfully on the Oracle portal with all accurate details and are eligible for the program, you will receive your invitation by the 10th of Feb 2022. Before reaching out for help please check other folders (including spam) in your email service. If you still cannot find the invite, it could mean that you are not eligible for the test at the moment.
Please ensure to use a webcam-enabled computer for the test. You can check your webcam status here. If your webcam is not detected there, it could mean a driver-related issue within the Operating System.
If your webcam is working, but still you are getting errors, here are some quick troubleshooting tips for you.
- Use the latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox while attempting the test.
- Turn off any active anti-virus software on your computer.
- Update or reinstall your webcam driver
- Restart your computer.
You can refer to the Webcam Troubleshooting Guide for more troubleshooting tips.
During the test
All the work that you submitted before losing the internet connection is saved on our servers. After the internet connectivity is resumed, you can log on to the test again (if it is not past the test completion time) and resume answering the questions. The test timer does not stop ticking when you are offline and the test ends at the scheduled time. We advise you to have a backup internet connection to use in a worst-case scenario as you can not retake or extend the duration once the given time is over.
The interface saves your answer automatically. If the Test ended before you could submit it, the saved answer is automatically submitted in the Test as the final answer.
After the test
Note: We advise you to write to us only at the mentioned email address. Writing to the general support of HackerRank or Oracle will not warrant a reply. We wish you all the best for the test.