Welcome, if you wish to register yourself for the ServiceNow Early Careers Code to Win: AMS, then we recommend you to go through the information given below.
You can find the answers to all your questions regarding the program timeline, eligibility, etc, in the below section. Click on each question to view the answer.
ServiceNow Early Careers Code to Win: AMS FAQs
ServiceNow Early Careers Code to Win: AMS is a coding contest along with a series of professional development workshops. The contest is open to anyone that would like to participate, but you must be located in The Americas (AMS) region. Ineligible candidates are still invited and encouraged to attend the professional development workshops.
ServiceNow Early Careers Code to Win: AMS is an online contest powered by the HackerRank coding platform. This contest will challenge participants to answer 5 multiple-choice questions about ServiceNow and solve 3 coding problems of varying complexities in a duration of 90 mins.
By participating in this contest:
- You will get an opportunity to compete, solve complex problems, and win exciting prizes
- Learn about ServiceNow’s technology, culture, and career opportunities
- Attend professional and career development workshops
iPad 128 GB - Wi-Fi Model + ServiceNow swag
1st Runner Up
Apple Watch Series 7 + ServiceNow swag
2nd Runner Up
JBL Charge 5 Speaker + ServiceNow swag
Top 7 Coders
This contest is for students who meet the following criteria:
- Identifies as a woman
- Currently enrolled as a full-time student at a College/University in India
- Should be graduating in the year 2022 or later
- Degree: Bachelors/Masters in Engineering/ MCA/MSc
- Branch: No restrictions
- CGPA: No restrictions
This is contest is for individual participants.
ServiceNow Early Careers Code to Win: The Americas (AMS) AMS contest [SM1] is open to anyone located in the Americas (countries within North America and South America).AMS who would like to participate. Eligible candidates must be located in The Americas (AMS) region.
People located outside of the Americas are ineligible to participate in the contest, but they are still encouraged and invited and encouraged to attend the professional development workshops.
The contest will happen on 21st October 2022 between 9:30 AM EST to 5:30 PM EST. Interested candidates should fill out the registration form. You can do this by following the link.
Yes, registered candidates will be screened, and shortlisted candidates will get an email notification to their registered email id about entry into the contest and with links to upcoming events
You are most welcome to attend the events that we conduct as part of the coding contest. In addition to this, you can also refer to our career portal to be a part of our talent community and explore roles that might interest you.
Events are a series of professional development workshops conducted by ServiceNow’s Early In Career team. These are virtual sessions hosted on the Zoom platform. Each session is for 90 mins covering interesting and useful topics related to professional development followed by a Q&A session with the speaker.
You can register for these events by going to our ServiceNow Early Careers Code to Win: AMS page and RSVP against each of the events listed. Once you click the RSVP option, you will be asked to fill out a small registration form to register for the event.
Yes. You will receive a confirmation with the Zoom meeting links to your registered email id.
No, these sessions are not mandatory to take part in the contest. However, we recommend you attend all these sessions as they cover topics related to your professional development.
There are no entry criteria to attend the sessions.
|Receive Test Links from HackerRank||20-Oct-22|
Registered and eligible candidates will receive an email from HackerRank one day prior to the contest. The test link will be activated on 21st October 2022 from 9:30 AM EST to 5:30 PM EST. You can take the test only during this time.
For all general queries please write to us at EICEngagementCommunity@servicenow.com. Our team will review it and will get back to you. Alternatively, you can also join the events and during the Q&A session, you can ask your questions directly to us.
On this page, we have compiled a list of preparation checklists, a short walkthrough video, and some commonly asked questions with their answers to give you a smooth test-taking experience. Before beginning your test, we advise you to go through the preparation checklist below to have a hassle-free test experience.
Test Preparation Checklist
- Install and use the latest versions of Google Chrome, Safari, or Firefox browsers to take your HackerRank tests for the best experience. Refer to Browser recommendations for more information.
- Since this is going to be a proctored test, take the test from a webcam-enabled computer. Check your webcam status before beginning your test. Please refer to the Webcam Troubleshooting Guide in case if you face any issues with the webcam access during the test.
- Perform a system check here before you start your test.
- Make sure that you are in a location with adequate internet and power supply to avoid problems during the test.
- Carve out a quiet and well-lit test-taking spot with minimal distractions as the webcam will be enabled for the test.
- We advise you to take the sample test before the main test to familiarize yourself with the HackerRank environment. The Sample test will be blocked on the day of the test. Please make sure to try the sample test before.
Answering Questions on HackerRank
In the ServiceNow Early Careers Code to Win: AMS, you will be answering coding and multiple-choice type questions.
Here is a short video to walk you through the process of taking coding questions on the HackerRank platform.
You can refer to the article Answering Multiple-Choice Questions to understand how to solve MCQs on the HackerRank platform.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are answers to some of the most commonly asked questions. We recommend you go through these questions for a quicker resolution of your queries. If your question is not addressed over here, please reach out to email@example.com. We will help you with your concern.
Before the test
Your Recruiter may enforce proctoring for your HackerRank Test. During the Test, proctoring allows your Recruiter to monitor your focus on the Test screen and detect any malpractices.
For the ServiceNow Early Careers Code to Win: AMS, three types of proctoring will be enabled.
Proctoring or Webcam Proctoring
ServiceNow Early Careers Code to Win: AMS will have a proctored test and you need to enable your webcam for taking the test. Please note that you will not be able to start the test if the webcam is not enabled for your system or if you have a faulty webcam installed.
Here are a few things to remember while taking a proctored test:
- Always make sure that you are sitting in a well-lit area and that your face is clearly visible during the test.
- Make sure that your face is perfectly positioned in front of the camera.
- Do not let anyone sit behind you during the test. Only your face should be visible to the camera.
- This test is being proctored, hence your photos will be taken during the test at a periodic time interval. Only the person who is taking the test should be visible in those photos.
You must follow these rules while taking the proctored test. It may cause disqualification for the next round if not followed properly.
Tab proctoring will be enabled for your test hence we advise you not to switch tabs in between while taking the test as the same will get captured in your report, which may result in disqualification for the next round.
Copy/Paste Tracking will be enabled for your test. If you try to paste a copied code in the assessment, it will be shown in the test report and may result in disqualification from further rounds.
If you have completed your registration successfully on the ServiceNow portal with all accurate details and are eligible for the program, you will receive your invitation by the 10th of Feb 2022. Before reaching out for help please check other folders (including spam) in your email service. If you still cannot find the invite, it could mean that you are not eligible for the test at the moment.
Please ensure to use a webcam-enabled computer for the test. You can check your webcam status here. If your webcam is not detected there, it could mean a driver-related issue within the Operating System.
If your webcam is working, but still you are getting errors, here are some quick troubleshooting tips for you.
- Use the latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox while attempting the test.
- Turn off any active anti-virus software on your computer.
- Update or reinstall your webcam driver
- Restart your computer.
You can refer to the Webcam Troubleshooting Guide for more troubleshooting tips.
During the test
All the work that you submitted before losing the internet connection is saved on our servers. After the internet connectivity is resumed, you can log on to the test again (if it is not past the test completion time) and resume answering the questions. The test timer does not stop ticking when you are offline and the test ends at the scheduled time. We advise you to have a backup internet connection to use in a worst-case scenario as you can not retake or extend the duration once the given time is over.
The interface saves your answer automatically. If the Test ended before you could submit it, the saved answer is automatically submitted in the Test as the final answer.
After the test
Note: We advise you to write to us only at the mentioned email address. Writing to the general support of HackerRank or ServiceNow will not warrant a reply. We wish you all the best for the test.