Welcome, if you wish to register yourself for the DTCC CODE-A-THON, then we recommend you to go through the information given below.
You can find the answers to all your questions regarding the program timeline, eligibility, etc., in the below section. Click on each question to view the answer.
DTCC CODE-A-THON FAQs
With over 45 years of experience, DTCC is the premier post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From 21 locations around the world, DTCC, through its subsidiaries, automates, centralizes, and standardizes the processing of financial transactions, mitigating risk, increasing transparency, and driving efficiency for thousands of broker/dealers, custodians banks, and asset managers. Industry-owned and governed, the firm simplifies the complexities of clearing, settlement, asset servicing, data management, data reporting, and information services across asset classes, bringing increased security and soundness to financial markets.
To learn more, please visit them at www.dtcc.com or connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, and Facebook. Join DTCC’s Talent Community today to stay engaged with the latest updates. To learn about career opportunities at DTCC, please visit careers.dtcc.com.
The Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation (DTCC) is hosting a coding contest for college students interested in technology. Now is the opportunity to match your coding talent with top coders.
This contest will challenge participants to answer 8 multiple choice questions, and solve 2 coding problems and 2 database questions of varying complexities in a duration of 91 mins.
By participating in this contest, students across the United States will get an opportunity to network with DTCC leaders, hiring managers, and recruiters. Compete for a chance to win some prizes and a possible internship or full-time opportunities for our 2023 Summer Program. Learn more here.
2022 Apple iPad Air
1st Runner Up
Apple AirPods Max
2nd Runner Up
Top 50 Coders
This contest is for students who meet the following criteria:
- The candidate must be enrolled as a full-time student at a College or University in the United States
- The candidate should be graduating in the year December 2022, 2023 or 2024
- The candidate should have a degree in Bachelor of Engineering or Computer Science or related
This contest is for individual participants.
The contest will happen between the 10th of August 2022 7:30 AM to 12:00 AM 12th of August 2022 EST. Interested candidates should fill out the registration form. You can do this by following the link.
Yes, registered candidates will be screened, and shortlisted candidates will get an email notification to their registered email id about entry into the contest and with links to upcoming events.
Click here to learn more about our Students and New Graduate Programs.
Test Preparation Checklist
- Install and use the latest versions of Google Chrome, Safari, or Firefox browsers to take your HackerRank tests for the best experience. Refer to Browser recommendations for more information.
- Since this is going to be a proctored test, take the test from a webcam-enabled computer. Check your webcam status before beginning your test. Please refer to the Webcam Troubleshooting Guide if you face any issues with the webcam access during the test.
- Perform a system check here before you start your test.
- Make sure that you are in a location with adequate internet and power supply to avoid problems during the test.
- Carve out a quiet and well-lit test-taking spot with minimal distractions as the webcam will be enabled for the test.
- We advise you to take the sample test before the main test to familiarize yourself with the HackerRank environment. The Sample test will be blocked on the day of the test. Please make sure to try the sample test before.
Answering Questions on HackerRank
In the DTCC CODE-A-THON, you will be answering coding and multiple-choice type questions.
Here is a short video to walk you through the process of taking coding questions on the HackerRank platform.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are answers to some of the most commonly asked questions. We recommend you go through these questions for a quicker resolution of your queries. If your question is not addressed over here, please reach out to email@example.com. We will help you with your concern.
Before the test
Your Recruiter may enforce proctoring for your HackerRank Test. Proctoring allows your Recruiter to monitor your focus on the Test screen and detect any malpractices during the test.
For the DTCC CODE-A-THON, three types of proctoring will be enabled.
Proctoring or Webcam Proctoring
DTCC CODE-A-THON will have a proctored test, and you need to enable your webcam to take the test. Please note that you will not be able to start the test if the webcam is not enabled for your system or if you have a faulty webcam installed.
Here are a few things to remember while taking a proctored test:
- Always make sure that you are sitting in a well-lit area and that your face is clearly visible during the test.
- Make sure that your face is perfectly positioned in front of the camera.
- Do not let anyone sit behind you during the test. Only your face should be visible to the camera.
- This test is being proctored; hence your photos will be taken during the test at a periodic time interval. Only the person taking the test should be visible in those photos.
You must follow these rules while taking the proctored test. It may cause disqualification for the next round if not followed properly.
Tab proctoring will be enabled for your test; hence we advise you not to switch tabs in between while taking the test as the same will get captured in your report, resulting in disqualification for the next round.
Copy/Paste Tracking will be enabled for your test. If you try to paste a copied code in the assessment, it will be shown in the test report and may result in disqualification from further rounds.
If you have completed your registration successfully on the DTCC portal with all accurate details and are eligible for the program, you will receive your invitation by the XXth of XXX 2022. Before reaching out for help, please check other folders (including spam) in your email service. If you still cannot find the invite, it could mean that you are not eligible for the test at the moment.
Please ensure to use a webcam-enabled computer for the test. You can check your webcam status here. If your webcam is not detected there, it could mean a driver-related issue within the Operating System.
If your webcam is working but you are still getting errors, here are some quick troubleshooting tips.
- Use the latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox while attempting the test.
- Turn off any active anti-virus software on your computer.
- Update or reinstall your webcam driver
- Restart your computer.
You can refer to the Webcam Troubleshooting Guide for more troubleshooting tips.
During the test
All the work you submitted before losing the internet connection is saved on our servers. After the internet connectivity is resumed, you can log on to the test again (if it is not past the test completion time) and resume answering the questions. The test timer does not stop ticking when you are offline, and the test ends at the scheduled time. We advise you to have a backup internet connection to use in a worst-case scenario as you can not retake or extend the duration once the given time is over.
The interface saves your answer automatically. If the test ended before you could submit it, the saved answer is automatically submitted in the test as the final answer.
After the test
Note: We advise you to write to us only at the mentioned email address. Writing to the general support of HackerRank or DTCC will not warrant a reply. We wish you all the best for the test.