Welcome, if you wish to register yourself for the Akamai Edge Coding Challenge, then we recommend you to go through the information given below.
You can find the answers to all your questions regarding the program timeline, eligibility, etc., in the below section. Click on each question to view the answer.
Akamai Edge Coding Challenge FAQs
Akamai Edge Coding challenge is a pan-India programming competition for students and professionals. It is a platform for participants to work their way through a series of coding puzzles and showcase their programming skills; while standing a chance to explore career opportunities with Akamai and win cash prizes!
The Akamai Edge coding challenge is an online contest powered by the HackerRank coding
Platform. This contest will challenge participants to solve three coding problems of varying
complexities in 90 mins.
By participating in this challenge, you can get:
- The potential to engage with Akamai’s technology recruiters and hiring managers
- Explore career opportunities with Akamai
- The chance to solve complex problems and win exciting prizes
- Learn about Akamai’s technology
1st Runner Up
2nd Runner Up
This contest is open to undergraduates or graduates with 0 to 3 years of experience in coding and skills in any tech stack or framework.
This contest is for individual participants.
The contest will take place on the 30th of July, 2022, and will be open from 9 am to 5 pm IST. Interested candidates should fill out the registration form. You can do this by following this link.
Yes, registered candidates will be screened, and shortlisted candidates will get an email
notification to their registered email ID about entry into the contest and with links to upcoming
You can refer to the Akamai Careers page and explore opportunities that might interest you.
Test Preparation Checklist
- Install and use the latest versions of Google Chrome, Safari, or Firefox browsers to take your HackerRank tests for the best experience. Refer to Browser recommendations for more information.
- Since this is going to be a proctored test, take the test from a webcam-enabled computer. Check your webcam status before beginning your test. Please refer to the Webcam Troubleshooting Guide if you face any issues with the webcam access during the test.
- Perform a system check here before you start your test.
- Make sure that you are in a location with adequate internet and power supply to avoid problems during the test.
- Carve out a quiet and well-lit test-taking spot with minimal distractions as the webcam will be enabled for the test.
- We advise you to take the sample test before the main test to familiarize yourself with the HackerRank environment. The Sample test will be blocked on the day of the test. Please make sure to try the sample test before.
Answering Questions on HackerRank
In the Akamai Edge Coding Challenge, you will be answering coding questions.
Here is a short video to walk you through the process of taking coding questions on the HackerRank platform.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are answers to some of the most commonly asked questions. We recommend you go through these questions for a quicker resolution of your queries. If your question is not addressed over here, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will help you with your concern.
Before the test
Your Recruiter may enforce proctoring for your HackerRank Test. Proctoring allows your Recruiter to monitor your focus on the Test screen and detect any malpractices during the test.
For the Akamai Edge Coding Challenge, three types of proctoring will be enabled.
Proctoring or Webcam Proctoring
Akamai Edge Coding Challenge will have a proctored test, and you need to enable your webcam to take the test. Please note that you will not be able to start the test if the webcam is not enabled for your system or if you have a faulty webcam installed.
Here are a few things to remember while taking a proctored test:
- Always make sure that you are sitting in a well-lit area and that your face is clearly visible during the test.
- Make sure that your face is perfectly positioned in front of the camera.
- Do not let anyone sit behind you during the test. Only your face should be visible to the camera.
- This test is being proctored; hence your photos will be taken during the test at a periodic time interval. Only the person taking the test should be visible in those photos.
You must follow these rules while taking the proctored test. It may cause disqualification for the next round if not followed properly.
Tab proctoring will be enabled for your test; hence we advise you not to switch tabs in between while taking the test as the same will get captured in your report, resulting in disqualification for the next round.
Copy/Paste Tracking will be enabled for your test. If you try to paste a copied code in the assessment, it will be shown in the test report and may result in disqualification from further rounds.
If you have completed your registration successfully on the Akamai portal with all accurate details and are eligible for the program, you will receive your invitation by the 28th of July 2022. Before reaching out for help, please check other folders (including spam) in your email service. If you still cannot find the invite, it could mean that you are not eligible for the test at the moment.
Please ensure to use a webcam-enabled computer for the test. You can check your webcam status here. If your webcam is not detected there, it could mean a driver-related issue within the Operating System.
If your webcam is working but you are still getting errors, here are some quick troubleshooting tips.
- Use the latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox while attempting the test.
- Turn off any active anti-virus software on your computer.
- Update or reinstall your webcam driver
- Restart your computer.
You can refer to the Webcam Troubleshooting Guide for more troubleshooting tips.
During the test
All the work you submitted before losing the internet connection is saved on our servers. After the internet connectivity is resumed, you can log on to the test again (if it is not past the test completion time) and resume answering the questions. The test timer does not stop ticking when you are offline, and the test ends at the scheduled time. We advise you to have a backup internet connection to use in a worst-case scenario as you can not retake or extend the duration once the given time is over.
The interface saves your answer automatically. If the test ended before you could submit it, the saved answer is automatically submitted in the test as the final answer.
After the test
Note: We advise you to write to us only at the mentioned email address. Writing to the general support of HackerRank or Akamai will not warrant a reply. We wish you all the best for the test.