Welcome. If you wish to register yourself for the Millennium’s Coding Challenge, we recommend you go through the information given below.
You can find the answers to all your questions regarding the program timeline, eligibility, etc., in the section below. Click on each question to view the answer.
Millennium’s Coding Challenge FAQs
Millennium’s Coding Challenge is an online coding contest powered by the HackerRank coding platform.
This contest will challenge participants to solve three coding problems of varying complexities in 90 minutes in the language of their choice.
By participating in this challenge, you can get:
- The potential to engage with Millennium Group’s recruiters and hiring managers for career opportunities.
- The chance to solve complex problems and win exciting prizes.
- The opportunity to learn about Millennium.
- Guaranteed interviews for Millennium’s Summer 2023 Internship Program.
- $1,000 Visa Gift Card.
- Mentorship from Millennium’s Technology Leadership.
Anyone who matches the below criteria is eligible to participate in this contest:
- Current Undergraduate or Masters Student at a US University.
- Interest in using technology to advance in the world of investing.
This contest is for individual participants only.
The contest will begin on Friday, May 20th, 2022, at 6:00 PM and remain open until Saturday, May 21st, 2022, at 6:00 PM EDT. Interested candidates may fill out the registration form by following this link. The last day to register for this contest is 19th May 2022 (6:00 PM EDT). Eligible candidates will receive the link to access the challenge via email prior to the start time.
Yes, the screen will display a confirmation message after registering.
You can refer to our careers page and explore opportunities that might interest you.
Test Preparation Checklist
- Install and use the latest versions of Google Chrome, Safari, or Firefox browsers to take your HackerRank tests for the best experience. Refer to Browser recommendations for more information.
- Since this will be a proctored test, take the test from a webcam-enabled computer. Check your webcam status before beginning your test. Please refer to the Webcam Troubleshooting Guide if you face any issues with the webcam access during the test.
- Perform a system check here before you start your test.
- Ensure that you are in a location with adequate internet and power supply to avoid problems during the test.
- Carve out a quiet and well-lit test-taking spot with minimal distractions as the webcam will be enabled for the test.
- We advise you to take the sample test before the main test to familiarize yourself with the HackerRank environment. The Sample test will be blocked on the day of the test. Please make sure to try the sample test before.
Answering Questions on HackerRank
In Millennium’s Coding Challenge, you will be answering coding questions.
Here is a short video to walk you through the process of taking coding questions on the HackerRank platform.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are answers to some of the most commonly asked questions. We recommend you go through these questions for a quicker resolution of your queries. If your question is not addressed here, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will help you with your concern.
Before the test
Your Recruiter may enforce proctoring for your HackerRank Test. Proctoring allows your Recruiter to monitor your focus on the Test screen and detect any malpractices during the test.
For Millennium’s Coding Challenge, three types of proctoring will be enabled.
Proctoring or Webcam Proctoring
Millennium’s Coding Challenge will have a proctored test, and you need to enable your webcam to take the test. Please note that you will not be able to start the test if the webcam is not enabled for your system or if you have a faulty webcam installed.
Here are a few things to remember while taking a proctored test:
- Make sure that you are sitting in a well-lit area and that your face is clearly visible during the test.
- Make sure that your face is perfectly positioned in front of the camera.
- Do not let anyone sit behind you during the test. Only your face should be visible to the camera.
- This test is being proctored; hence your photos will be taken during the test at a periodic time interval. Only the person taking the test should be visible in those photos.
You must follow these rules while taking the proctored test. It may cause disqualification for the next round if not followed properly.
Tab proctoring will be enabled for your test; hence we advise you not to switch tabs in between while taking the test as the same will get captured in your report, resulting in disqualification for the next round.
Copy/Paste Tracking will be enabled for your test. If you try to paste a copied code in the assessment, it will be shown in the test report and may result in disqualification from further rounds.
If you have completed your registration successfully on the Millennium portal with all accurate details and are eligible for the program, you will receive your invitation by the 10th of Feb 2022. Before reaching out for help, please check other folders (including spam) in your email service. If you still cannot find the invite, it could mean that you are not eligible for the test at the moment.
Please ensure to use a webcam-enabled computer for the test. You can check your webcam status here. If your webcam is not detected there, it could mean a driver-related issue within the Operating System.
Here are some quick troubleshooting tips if your webcam is working but you are still getting errors.
- Use the latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox while attempting the test.
- Turn off any active anti-virus software on your computer.
- Update or reinstall your webcam driver
- Restart your computer.
You can refer to the Webcam Troubleshooting Guide for more troubleshooting tips.
During the test
All the work you submitted before losing the internet connection is saved on our servers. After the internet connectivity is resumed, you can log on to the test again (if it is not past the test completion time) and resume answering the questions. The test timer does not stop ticking when you are offline, and the test ends at the scheduled time. We advise you to have a backup internet connection to use in a worst-case scenario as you can not retake or extend the duration once the given time is over.
The interface saves your answer automatically. If the test ended before you could submit it, the saved answer is automatically submitted in the test as the final answer.
After the test
Note: We advise you to write to us only at the mentioned email address. Writing to the general support of HackerRank or Millennium will not warrant a reply. We wish you all the best for the test.
Please sign in to leave a comment.