Welcome, if you wish to register yourself for the Amazon Ads Challenge, then we recommend you to go through the information given below.
You can find the answers to all your questions regarding the program timeline, eligibility, etc., in the below section. Click on each question to view the answer.
Amazon Ads Challenge FAQs
Amazon Ads is one of the fastest-growing businesses at Amazon. Using Amazon’s foundation in e-commerce and our diverse platforms from Amazon.com and Alexa to Twitch and IMDB TV, we help brands meet customers where they are and connect with them through creative solutions and formats across screens, devices, and the physical world. Our ambition is to reinvent advertising, helping businesses and agencies build brands, push creativity and drive performance for millions of customers every day.
The Ads challenge is an online contest powered by the HackerRank coding platform. This contest will challenge participants to solve three coding problems of varying complexities in 90 mins.
By participating in this challenge, you can get:
- The potential to engage with Amazon Ads recruiters and hiring managers for career opportunities.
- The chance to solve complex problems and win exciting prizes.
- Learn about Amazon's Ads technology.
1st Runner Up
2nd Runner Up
This contest is open for women developers across North America (US and Canada) having at least six months of professional experience and looking to challenge their skills or are interested in opportunities within Amazon Ads technology.
This contest is for individual participants.
The contest will happen on the 22nd of October, 2022, and will be open for 24 hours. Interested candidates should fill out the registration form. You can do this by following the link.
Yes, registered candidates will be screened, and shortlisted candidates will get an email notification to their registered email id about entry into the contest and with links to upcoming events.
You can refer to our careers page and explore opportunities that might interest you.
Test Preparation Checklist
- Install and use the latest versions of Google Chrome, Safari, or Firefox browsers to take your HackerRank tests for the best experience. Refer to Browser recommendations for more information.
- Since this is going to be a proctored test, take the test from a webcam-enabled computer. Check your webcam status before beginning your test. Please refer to the Webcam Troubleshooting Guide if you face any issues with the webcam access during the test.
- Perform a system check here before you start your test.
- Make sure that you are in a location with adequate internet and power supply to avoid problems during the test.
- Carve out a quiet and well-lit test-taking spot with minimal distractions as the webcam will be enabled for the test.
- We advise you to take the sample test before the main test to familiarize yourself with the HackerRank environment. The Sample test will be blocked on the day of the test. Please make sure to try the sample test before.
Answering Questions on HackerRank
In the Amazon Ads Challenge, you will be answering coding and multiple-choice type questions.
Here is a short video to walk you through the process of taking coding questions on the HackerRank platform.
You can refer to the article Answering Multiple-Choice Questions to understand how to solve MCQs on the HackerRank platform.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are answers to some of the most commonly asked questions. We recommend you go through these questions to resolve your queries quickly. If your question is not addressed here, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will help you with your concern.
Before the test
Your Recruiter may enforce proctoring for your HackerRank Test. Proctoring allows your Recruiter to monitor your focus on the Test screen and detect any malpractices during the test.
Three types of proctoring will be enabled for the Amazon Ads Challenge.
Proctoring or Webcam Proctoring
Amazon Ads Challenge will have a proctored test, and you need to enable your webcam to take the test. Please note that you will not be able to start the test if the webcam is not enabled for your system or if you have a faulty webcam installed.
Here are a few things to remember while taking a proctored test:
- Always make sure that you are sitting in a well-lit area and that your face is clearly visible during the test.
- Make sure that your face is perfectly positioned in front of the camera.
- Do not let anyone sit behind you during the test. Only your face should be visible to the camera.
- This test is being proctored; hence your photos will be taken during the test at a periodic time interval. Only the person taking the test should be visible in those photos.
You must follow these rules while taking the proctored test. It may cause disqualification for the next round if not followed properly.
Tab proctoring will be enabled for your test; hence we advise you not to switch tabs in between while taking the test as the same will get captured in your report, resulting in disqualification for the next round.
Copy/Paste Tracking will be enabled for your test. If you try to paste a copied code in the assessment, it will be shown in the test report and may result in disqualification from further rounds.
If you have completed your registration successfully on the Amazon Ads portal with all accurate details and are eligible for the program, you will receive your invitation by the 16th of October 2022. Before reaching out for help, please check other folders (including spam) in your email service. If you still cannot find the invite, it could mean that you are not eligible for the test at the moment.
Please ensure to use a webcam-enabled computer for the test. You can check your webcam status here. If your webcam is not detected there, it could mean a driver-related issue within the Operating System.
If your webcam is working, but you are still getting errors, here are some quick troubleshooting tips.
- Use the latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox while attempting the test.
- Turn off any active anti-virus software on your computer.
- Update or reinstall your webcam driver
- Restart your computer.
You can refer to the Webcam Troubleshooting Guide for more troubleshooting tips.
During the test
All the work you submitted before losing the internet connection is saved on our servers. After the internet connectivity is resumed, you can log on to the test again (if it is not past the test completion time) and resume answering the questions. The test timer does not stop ticking when you are offline, and the test ends at the scheduled time. We advise you to have a backup internet connection to use in a worst-case scenario as you can not retake or extend the duration once the given time is over.
The interface saves your answer automatically. If the test ended before you could submit it, the saved answer is automatically submitted in the test as the final answer.
After the test
Amazon will review your test attempt and get back to you with your test result. Request you to be patient during this period. Please explore open Software development roles at Amazon Ads here.
Note: We advise you to write to us only at the mentioned email address. Writing to the general support of HackerRank or Amazon will not warrant a reply. We wish you all the best for the test.
Article is closed for comments.